Who We Care For
The patients at Pathway Rehabilitation Hospital must fall into specific admission criteria for inpatient rehabilitation services. Our facility requires that the patients are admitted with one of the following 13 diagnoses:
• Osteoarthritis (after less intensive setting) • Cerbrovascular Accident/Stroke • Neurological Disorders (including Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and Polyneuropathy) • Amputation • Fracture of the Femur (Hip Fracture – Femoral Neck) • Joint Replacement (bilateral, age > 85, body mass > 50) • Major Multiple Trauma • Spinal Cord Injury • Brain Injury • Systemic Vasculitides with joint inflammation • Rheumatoid Arthritis (after less intensive setting) • Burns • Congenital Deformity
For Admission to Our Facility A Patient Must:
• require the active and ongoing therapeutic intervention of multiple therapy disciplines (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, or prosthetics/orthotics), one of which must be physical or occupational therapy.
• require at least two forms of therapy;
• generally require an intensive rehabilitation therapy program which generally consists of at least 3 hours of therapy per day at least 5 days per week.
• reasonably be expected to actively participate in, and benefit significantly from, the intensive rehabilitation therapy program at the time of admission. The patient can only be expected to benefit significantly from the intensive rehabilitation therapy program if the patient’s condition and functional status are such that the patient can reasonably be expected to make measurable improvement.
• require physician supervision by a rehabilitation physician. The physician will conduct face-to-face visits with patient at least 3 days per week throughout the patient’s stay.
• be at least 19 years of age with medical necessity for inpatient rehabilitation.
• be medically stable and have had all diagnostic tests required in Acute Care prior to admission.
What Do We Do
For patients who, due to the complexity of their nursing, medical management, and rehabilitation needs require...
Who We Care For
The patients at Pathway Rehabilitation Hospital must fall into specific admission criteria for inpatient rehabilitation services...
In addition to quality round the clock nursing services and intensive therapy, all patients will receive...